Here’s how you can hard reset iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus smartphone. Things are a little different compared to last time.
If You Want to Hard Reset iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus, the Steps Are a Little Different Than Before
Apple ditched the mechanical Home button for a solid state one with iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. While this is a good move for a wide variety of reasons – number one being the fact that you can’t wear out the Home button with excessive use. But this also means you can’t utilize the Home button any more to hard reset iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Previously, you could just hold down the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds to give your device a quick reset, in case things had come to a standstill. But since the Home button is now a virtual one, Apple has rejigged a few things.
How do you hard reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus now? Just follow the steps below.
- 1. Assuming your iPhone 8 is ‘stuck,’ pick up the device in your hand.
- 2. Locate the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the device. The Power button is on the top right hand corner while the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are on the left. Refer to the image and you’ll know exactly where the buttons are.
- 3. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button
- 4. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- 5. Finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
When to Hard Reset an Unresponsive Device
There are a lot of scenarios where you are required to hard reset your iPhone or iPad. For example, the app or game you’re using is buggy, freezing up your device eventually. In that case, you have no other option but to hard reset your phone or tablet to get things back to normal. Furthermore, if you’re experiencing that your phone or tablet has slowed down miserably, a hard reset can fix things instantly, in a lot of cases, of course.
We sincerely hope you don’t come to the point where you are forced to hard reset your device. But, nonetheless, it’s a good idea to know how you can do it especially if you have an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus at hand.
The change in button combination actually feels a lot better than before as you can hard reset the device without holding it with both hands. It now just remains to be seen whether or not this change will carry itself over to the upcoming iPad upgrade or not. We’ll know soon.